This unity that has something from the air of the East concentrates in a creative way my travels, my love and my artistic presence in China.
I present unique boxes in which my painting take a little transcendent dimensions.They are art vintage objects that become a part of our everyday life and they can also take even a functional application.
My light boxes are unique pieces that can be combined and coexisted. They emerge from a process where the result consists of two surfaces.
The first is the processed fabric or the printing, and the second is the painted rice paper. The light shows the painted slides. Each bright box arise dimensions, often unpredictable even for me. The ultimate result is mystery, charm, plaything. In fact, it is an invitation to a remote place that reminds East.
Born in Athens in 1958. She studied painting under P. Tetsis and mosaic under G. Kolefas at the Athens School of Fine Arts (1977-1982). She furthered her education on a scholarship from the Greek State at the Hangzhou Academy of Fine Arts in China, where she received a postgraduate degree in the techniques of traditional Chinese painting and calligraphy (1983-1985). Her first solo exhibition was held in Beijing (1986, Beijing Artists’ Gallery). Along with painting, she is also involved in book illustrations and book cover design. From 1985 until the present day she has participated in a significant number of group exhibitions in Greece, Belgium, Bulgaria, France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, China, Egypt, India et al.
- 1986 Beijing Artists’ Gallery, Beijing
- 1987 Nees Morfes Gallery, Athens
- 1989 Chryssothemis Gallery, Athens
- 1990 Mylonoyanni Art Gallery, Chania
- 1991 Nees Morfes Gallery, Athens
- 1992 Astrolavos Gallery, Piraeus
- 1992 Ariadne Art Gallery, Heraklion, Crete
- 1995 Terracotta Art Gallery, Thessaloniki
- 1995 Ariadne Art Gallery, Heraklion, Crete
- 1995 Mylonoyanni Art Gallery, Chania
- 1996 Nees Morfes Gallery, Athens
- 1997 Terracotta Art Gallery, Thessaloniki
- 2000 Nees Morfes Gallery, Athens
- 2000 TinT Gallery, Thessaloniki
- 2002 Mylonoyanni Art Gallery, Chania
- 2002 Ariadne Art Gallery, Heraklion, Crete
- 2003 TinT Gallery, Thessaloniki
- 2006 Nees Morfes Gallery, Athens
- 2007 TinT Gallery, Thessaloniki
- 2007 Galerie Aliquando, Paris
- 2007 Oionos Gallery, Karditsa
- 2008 Festam Festival, Toulouse
- 2009 Galerie Aliquando, Paris
- 2010 Galerie Theorema, Brussels
- 2011 TinT Gallery, Thessaloniki
- 2013 Technohoros Art Gallery, Athens
- 2013 TinT Gallery, Thessaloniki
- 2013 Oionos Gallery, Karditsa
- 2014 Alpha C.K. Art Gallery, Nicosia
- 2016 Skoufa Gallery, Athens