Print on satin photo paper mounted on an aluminium backing panel and sold framed with anti-reflective glass
"Polystyrene, tissue paper, hardening paste, baking soda"
Curiosity is a proposal that focuses on jewelry through performance and photography.
Each piece contained within Curiosity needs to be re-enacted whenever it is exhibited because of the ephemeral and destroyable nature of its structure.
In Curiosity, the relationship between the body and the jewel goes beyond the simple relationship of the jewel being on the body of classical or contemporary jewelry, but emanates from the body memory of the gestures needed to reproduce each piece as it was originally conceived.
The bond to the body is omnipresent and multidimensional and jewelry takes the quality of performing art.
The ephemeral jewels, resulting from the performative act of reproduction, embody reflection and contemplation in response to our productive society of commercialism, hyper consumption and fast paced living.
Curiosity transcends the commercial object by going beyond direct bodily ornamentation and offers a journey into the mental and emotional space of the observer.
The photograph of the very first piece made is both the matrix that allows the jewel to be faithfully reactivated and its tangible memory and becomes the piece to be acquired.
Each photograph is sold with a certificate of authenticity and is limited to 5 pieces. All photographs are printed on satin photo paper (50x60cm), mounted on an aluminium backing panel and sold framed with anti-reflective glass.
In 2006, I graduated from P.A.R.T.S, Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker's contemporary dance school in Brussels. Throughout my career, I danced for many companies in Europe. I currently work in the performing arts world as a movement director for opera and theatre, a dance lecturer and an artistic coordinator. In 2017, I earned a diploma with distinction from the RHOK academy in Brussels after completing its 6 year art jewelry program. I now additionally work as a jeweler and object maker and combine the practices of performing arts and jewelry making in my projects.
- 2019 Athens Jewelry Week– Athens (GR)
- 2018 Athens Jewelry Week– Athens (GR)–Winner of the Joya Prize during the AJW
- 2019 Galerie Art’Course – Strasbourg (FR)
- 2018 Joya Barcelona – Barcelona (ES)
- 2018 World Craft Council, vitrine d'été – Mons (BE)
- 2018 World Craft Council, vitrine des créateurs – Mons (BE)
- 2017-2018 European triennial of contemporary jewelry – Mons (BE), Stockholm (SE), Paris (FR)
- 2017 Common ground – Mechelen (BE)
- 2017 RHOK – Brussels (BE)2016Jewelmania – Brussels (BE)
- 2016 RHOK – Brussels (BE)
- 2014-2019 Movement director for opera and theater
- 2012-2019 Performing arts and dance lecturer
- 2012-2019 Artistic coordinator
- 2006-2019 Contemporary dancer
- 2011-2017 RHOK academy of visual arts, jewelry section – Brussels (BE)
- 2004-2006 P.A.R.T.S. / Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker – Brussels (BE)
- 2002-2004 Junior Ballet d'Aquitaine – Bordeaux (FR)
- 2001-2002 R.I.D.C – Paris (FR)
- 2000-2001 Centre Irène Popard – Paris (FR)